Whatever your needs, we have a mortgage for you
Whether you’re buying your first home or an investment property, we have an option to suit you.
What we offer
For Guernsey, Jersey and Isle of Man residents, we offer a range of competitive mortgages to help you buy a property locally.
First-time buyer mortgages
We believe first time buyers should have the same opportunity as any other buyers to own a property. You can apply for any of the mortgages we have on offer which will have an interest rate based on how much deposit you are able to put down towards your purchase.
Switch or remortgage
A new mortgage deal may save you money and can be easier than you think. Whether your current mortgage deal is ending, you want to release equity, or you want to borrow cost-effectively, talk to our advisers today.
With our investment mortgages, you’ll only need to put down a relatively modest deposit. If you’re considering buying property for income or as part of a balanced portfolio, it could help you achieve the return you're looking for.
Shared equity mortgages
We offer mortgages for qualifying shared equity schemes in Jersey and the Isle of Man, so you can combine a mortgage with a loan that covers part of the value of your property.
All of our professionally qualified mortgage advisers have the Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP) and they can give you local market insight, explain your mortgage options and guide you through the application process.
Choose a mortgage deal
- Pay the same amount each month during the fixed-rate period
- Your payments won’t change if the Bank of England Base Rate goes up during your fixed rate period
- The interest rate on your mortgage doesn’t change for a set period of time - when this ends you switch to our Follow on Rate1
- Additional fees apply to early repayments.
- A tracker mortgage tracks the Bank of England Base Rate
- Your repayments could rise or fall, depending on how the Bank of England Base Rate changes
- There are no charges for making overpayments.
Part and part mortgages
- Tailor your mortgage to meet your needs by splitting your loan across both fixed and tracker mortgages
- Enables you to manage your exposure to the Bank of England Base Rate changes
- Fee-free early repayments on the tracker part of your mortgage
- On the tracker part of your mortgage your repayments could rise or fall, depending on how the Bank of England Base Rate changes
- On the fixed part of your mortgage, additional fees apply to early repayments.
Repayment options available
You pay capital and interest throughout the term, reducing the amount owed as well as paying off interest. The mortgage will be paid off in full when the term ends.
Your monthly payments only cover the interest on the mortgage. At the end of the term, you’ll still owe the amount you originally borrowed, and you’ll have to repay it in full. You will need to have a robust repayment strategy in place.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Looking for a mortgage?
Our expert, professionally qualified team will help you find the right mortgage for you.
You may also be interested in
Flexibility to make things happen
Whether you’re planning a dream holiday or paying for unexpected bills, our loans and overdrafts give you the support you need for life's highs and lows.
Simple savings solutions
Support, advice and a range of savings options to help you make your money grow.