How to register the Barclays app
Register with a PINsentry
- On the welcome screen select ‘I already have an account'
- Create a 5-digit passcode
- Re-enter the passcode
- Carefully read through the terms and conditions then accept to proceed.
- When asked if you have been provided an activation code, select ‘No, continue without’
- Select ‘Barclays UK’ from the options and then press ‘continue’
- Read the items required to register and press ‘continue’
- When asked if you have had the app before, select ‘no’.
- When prompted, enter your card details and then press ‘continue’
- Enter your mobile number then press ‘continue’
- You’ll need to confirm your mobile number then ‘continue’.
- Once details have been checked you will be prompted with a PINSentry option. Select ‘Yes – I have a PINsentry’ to continue
- Enter the last 4 digits of your card in the box provided
- Enter your card into the PINsentry reader and press ‘RESPOND’
- Enter your PIN for the card into the PINsentry reader then the 8-digit code shown on the Barclays app screen.
- A new code will be displayed on the PINsentry reader, enter this into the Barclays app where it asks the PINsentry code, then press ‘continue’.
- You will see a screen to confirm checking, press ‘continue’
- Enter a meaningful greeting you will remember and ‘continue’
- Registration is complete, ‘continue’ to set up touch ID or you may skip this step, it can be enabled later is you would like it
- Enable notifications if you wish to receive them
- You are now setup to use the Barclays app.
Register with an activation code
- Download the Barclays app and follow the in-app guide to the 'Verify Your Details' page
- When you reach the 'Verify Your Details' page, call us on 01624 684 444* (personal) +44 (0) 1624 684 684* (Business) to obtain the app activation code. Alternatively, visit any Barclays cash machine or branch to obtain your code. For business customers, you can only get a app registration code from our branch or by calling us – not through a Barclays ATM
- This can only be used once and is valid for 24 hours; if you do not use it within that time, you will need to request another one.
- Enter your eight-digit activation code.
- Enter and confirm the mobile phone number you used to obtain your activation code
- Carefully check that the details you have inserted are correct
- Carefully read through the terms and conditions.
- To link your mobile phone to the app, you will receive a text message containing a six-digit code
- Leave the app and go to your text messages. The message sender shows as Barclays
- Make a note of the six-digit code.
- Log into the Barclays app
- Enter your five-digit passcode created earlier and tap 'Continue' on the link your mobile screen
- Enter the six-digit code we sent you via text message
- When you have entered the code, press 'Verify' to continue.
- You will receive confirmation that you have finished and can press 'Continue' to begin using the app.